Intern, Classical South Florida #509-13
|Location:||Fort Lauderdale, FL|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Business Group:||Classical South Florida|
The Intern will work closely with the Program Director in creating and executing marketing initiatives including public relations, event management, and other projects throughout the volunteer term. This position also supports the Membership and Development team in efforts related to promoting Classical South Florida to new and existing members.
• Help in the execution of marketing events & programs
• Attend, set-up and tear-down various marketing events
• Maintain public relations database
• Coordinate on-air testimonials supporting Fund Drives
• Help development department with related activities and initiatives
• Participate in various marketing tasks as assigned
Required Education and Experience:
• Preference given to students currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program, or who have graduated within 12 months from the start of the internship.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Demonstrated self-starter.
• Intermediate Microsoft Office skills including Excel and Outlook.
• Previous event and/or public relations experience.
• Ability to write, meet deadlines and work independently.
• Detail oriented.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Demonstrated interest and knowledge in classical music.
Reporting To This Position: None
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
• Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation
• Physical Demands:
o Required to move about in an office environment and sit for extended periods of time
o Required to move about in the community and carry marketing materials to events including set-up of event booths with the ability to carry materials weighing up to 40lbs
o Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping.
• Working Conditions:
o Moderate noise level
o Occasional exposure to prevalent weather conditions.
American Public Media internships are part-time. Interns will not be compensated. Our offices are located at 330 SW Second Street in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Applications will be accepted on an on-going basis. Relocation allowance is not available. Parking or bus pass reimbursed. More information about American Public Media is available online: www.americanpublicmedia.org