Usher, Fitzgerald Theater #115-13
|Location:||Saint Paul, MN|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Part Time|
|Business Group:||Minnesota Public Radio|
The Usher position is responsible for welcoming patrons as they arrive and assisting them as needed, while ensuring that the theater experience is pleasant.
• Arrive on time, and be punctual in duties throughout the shift
• Greet patrons as they arrive
• Escort patrons to their seats
• Assist House Manager to resolve seating problems
• Clean theater and lobby after performances
• Answer patron questions regarding theater and the events
• Participate in emergency evacuation of the theater, when necessary
• Monitor patrons during performance and address issues of audience behavior, safety, and comfort as they arise
• Access to the internet and valid email in order to use our online scheduling system
Required Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma
• Must be 18 years old
• 1 year of customer service experience
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Exceptional customer services skills
• Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks
• Ability to work well with other people
• Ability to deal discretely and sensitively with disruptive or dissatisfied patrons
• Flexible work schedule; evening and weekends availability required
• General theater knowledge helpful
Reporting To This Position: None
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
• Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation
• Physical Demands: Required to walk, sit, and stand; reach with hands and arms; balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch; Frequent use of hands for handing out programs, collecting and scanning tickets, and simple grasping. Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
o Ushers are required to move about in the theater, including navigating crowds
o Climbing 1 or more flights of stairs, as well as moving about on the upper levels of the balcony, are requirements of some usher positions on each shift. Upper balconies require comfort at highest points of theater. Because we need to ensure adequate coverage of balcony shifts, we will need to know if this is a limitation for you.
o Ushers should be comfortable navigating a dim theater with the assistance of a flash light.
• Working Conditions: Moderate to above-moderate noise level, occasional exposure to prevalent weather conditions.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.