Intern, Social Media #506-13
|Employment Type:||Intern - Part Time|
|Business Group:||Southern California Public Radio|
|Description:||KPCC.org, the award-winning website for the Southern California Public Radio, is offering an opportunity for Interns to get hands-on multimedia experience working in a newsroom.|
Social Media Interns will assist with keeping Twitter & Facebook (our main routes of community engagement) updated & interacting with our fans & followers.
- Help with other community engagement tasks, which include online & in-person engagement.
- Help us come up with great projects & new ways to interact with the people who interact with us on a daily basis.
Internships last a minimum of 3 months & up to 9 months, & 20 hrs/week. Internship applications are accepted year-round.
Spring: January - June
Summer: June - August
Winter: September - January
Interns work typically 2-3 days a week including nights/weekends.
These are volunteer/unpaid internships, but you can get college credit. Because you'll be reporting stories around Los Angeles, you'll need transportation.
- Knowledge and work with social media in the past is required, & we hope you're already active in social media.
- Undergraduate student studying journalism or related field.
- Experience in a journalism environment
- Strong writing, editing, research & communication skills
- Knowledge of digital editing technologies.
- Working knowledge of current affairs
- Ability to manage several different projects at once
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines as assigned.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Word, & wire services
- Upbeat, constructive, 'can-do' attitude.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Familiarity with the values/sound of public radio.
- Some experience working in a broadcast or newsroom environment.
- Willing to think 'outside the box' of conventional journalistic style.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.