Account Executive #231-12
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Business Group:||Minnesota Public Radio|
The Account Executive position is responsible for all aspects of generating regional underwriting revenue at Minnesota Public Radio. This position covers an assigned geographic region based out of a network station.
The Account Executive is responsible for securing new and renewing current funders for all MPR regional programming services (MPR News, Classical MPR, 89.3 The Current, online/digital, and special events) to meet revenue goals, and assisting with other activities as assigned.
Secure new funders for MPR's regional services (MPR News, Classical MPR, 89.3 The Current, online/digital and special events), and service, renew and increase funding levels of current clients to meet revenue goals.
• Identify new underwriting prospects for on-air and online support using multiple resources, including business contacts; broadcast, print, online media; trade publications (marketing, advertising, industry specific).
• Identify and execute appropriate client cultivation with existing funders that results in continued MPR funding (adhere to high maintenance, low maintenance portfolio management techniques).
• Prepare written and in-person presentations designed to meet prospect needs and resources, and to encourage a renewed and increased funding commitment from current clients.
• Identify and execute appropriate prospect and client cultivation that results in sales closure.
• Work with prospects/clients and internal MPR staff to prepare effective and acceptable underwriting credits.
• Accurately enter orders into MPR systems and maintain database of client contacts.
• Monitor aging accounts and arrange for collections.
• Communicate activities and results to manager via weekly reporting.
• Participate in monthly network sales team conference calls and bi-weekly St. Paul sales meetings, as requested, and attend sales seminars twice per year, or as scheduled.
Assist and participate in other development, marketing and station-related activities, such as open houses, Regional Development Advisory Council meetings, MPR-sponsored events and other events, upon request.
Continuously look for ways to refine and enhance support systems such as traffic, billing, contact management system (ACT), Arbitron, Qualitap, Tapscan, etc.
Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
• College degree or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of 3 years of sales experience in public broadcasting, other media, or intangibles.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Proven track record of successfully meeting income targets through prospecting and client upgrades.
• Persuasive communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A curious mind, a team player, energetic and a strong presence.
• Demonstrated time management skills.
• Strong computer skills.
• Must be self-motivated, results oriented and goal focused.
• Ability and eagerness to sell MPR.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Knowledge of MPR products.
Reporting To This Position: None
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
• Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Physical Demands: Required to walk, sit, and stand; reach with hands and arms; balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch; Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping.
• Working Conditions: Moderate noise level, occasional exposure to prevalent weather conditions.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.