Station Relations Representative #229-12
|Location:||Saint Paul, MN|
|Salary Range:||$50,158 - $75,237|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Business Group:||American Public Media|
The Station Representative is the lead in client relations, service and sales for American Public Media’s national programs on public radio stations. It is his/her responsibility to establish and maintain deep, one-on-one relationships with key individual stations and sell programs and services to public radio decision makers. Station Reps will focus primarily on priority major markets and programs while also meeting the needs of smaller market stations and other programs in the APM portfolio. This position includes a performance incentives, providing a year-end bonus based upon meeting specific goals.
• Maintain regular, meaningful contact with each station client via the phone, email, mail and face-to-face meetings.
• Focused daily on exceeding client needs and expectations.
• Serve as the primary liaison that assists stations to meet their goals and serve their audience.
• Focus on brokering placement of APM programs in key markets from first contact to closing the deals
• Collaborate with a broad cross-divisional team to create and implement strategy and tactics.
• Assists stations with issues and opportunities beyond the sale including technical support and service.
• Other duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
• Minimum of 3 years sales experience. Experience in public broadcasting or other media a plus.
• Proven track record of successfully meeting income targets through both prospecting, client upgrades and renewals.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Innate sales ability. Must be a strong negotiator with creative approaches and solutions.
• Proven ability to win over the client.
• Proven patience with long sales cycles.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.