Digital Intern, The Splendid Table #522-12
|Location:||Saint Paul, MN|
|Employment Type:||Intern - Part Time|
|Business Group:||American Public Media|
|Description:||The Splendid Table’s Digital Content Intern / Volunteer will work closely with the web team on the preparation and launch of the Splendid Table’s new website. While the position is largely web based, this intern will also have the opportunity to observe, assist and support the production of this weekly national food program – when appropriate. This position requires a high level of energy, great attention to detail, excellent organizational and communication skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities under deadline.|
The Splendid Table Intern / Volunteer will use a modern content-management system (Drupal) to assist in building beautiful pages for the program’s feature stories and recipes – online.
• Edit text
• Edit photographs
• Classify content within a given taxonomy
• End-to-end content production (creation, publication, promotion and engagement)
• Transcribing interviews
• Some research
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work independently.
• Must be a highly detail-oriented self-starter.
• Must have a demonstrated interest in public radio, web development and journalism.
• Must be able to type and work on pc-based programs such as Windows, Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Ability to successfully meet deadlines and handle multiple responsibilities on a consistent basis.
• Ability to gather research quickly and effectively from multiple sources.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
A demonstrated set of skills in writing, editing and web publishing is highly preferred. Blogging, podcasting, video editing/producing, and social media dexterity will be considered a plus. Familiarity with HTML and Photoshop will be useful. Knowledge of Drupal is a huge plus.
Compensation / Schedule:
The Splendid Table internship is part-time (12-18 hours / week) and will last approximately 3-6 months. This is a non-paid position, but it is possible to earn school credit.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.