Intern, Corporate Communication #519-12
|Location:||Saint Paul, MN|
|Employment Type:||Intern - Part Time|
|Business Group:||Minnesota Public Radio|
|Description:||Gain valuable communications and PR experience at your favorite public radio stations: Minnesota Public Radio - 91.1. KNOW, 89.3 The Current, and 99.5 Classical MPR.|
The intern will work closely with the Communications department on public relations projects, building media contact lists, work on MPR speakersí bureau and daily tracking of media coverage for local services and national programs.
This is an unpaid position. Applicants must be able to earn school credit for the internship.
- Monitor daily media and online social network posts for mentions of MPR|APM
- Develop lists of traditional and non-traditional media contacts
- Help develop a MPR speakersí bureau
- Maintain database of media mentions of MPR|APM
- Write press releases for regional events as needed
- Write short summaries of videos of in-studio performances as needed
- Write and research targeted pitches to niche blogs
Required Education and Experience:
- At least three years of undergraduate study, preferably in public relations or marketing
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Understanding of media relations tactics and goals
- Strong research skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Knowledge of media coverage and skill to judge/rank coverage
- Analytical knowledge and ability to turn data into information
- Experience with Excel
- Experience with online social networking
- Interest in MPR|APM programming and mission
- Excellent team member
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Public relations or marketing on-the-job experience
Parking or bus pass reimbursed. More information about American Public Media is available online: www.americanpublicmedia.org.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.